Event in Brussels: To mark World Water Day the United Nations in partnership with the Goethe Institute invites you to the screening of TAPPED on Tuesday, 22 March 2011, 6:30 p.m.
Theme for 2011 is "Water for Cities: Responding to the Urban Challenge".
Links on World Water Day:
- Visit the WWD 2011 website and read about the main event in Capetown.
- Find out about UNESCO’s "Big Splash" global school experiment.
- Read the message of the UN Secretary-General.
- Africa’s urbanization outpaces capacity to provide water, sanitation – UN (UN News Centre)
- World Water Day: European Commission launches €40 million to improve access to water in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific
Commissioner Pielbags ‘s statement on this initiative
- Declaration by the High Representative, Catherine Ashton, on behalf of the European Union on the occasion of the World and European Water Day (22 March)
- Hearing: Committee of the Regions and European Parliament’s Intergroup Water: ‘European Cities for Water; How cities can contribute to safeguarding Europe’s water resources’
Organised by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability under the patronage of the Intergroup Water of the European Parliament