The United Nations Industrial Development Organization – UNIDO have been a strong presence in the successful 2013 edition of the European Development Days, holding 6 high level events together with its organizing patrners.
On the basis of this year’s theme, that has been “A decent life for all by 2030 – Building a consensus for a new development agenda”, several relevant topics have been discussed within the High Level Panels and PLABS. These have also been an opportunity to discuss with you the audience and different stakeholders and have their view on a certain number of development issues related to UNIDO’s strategic vision of “Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development” (ISID) and its contribution to the Post-2015 development framework.
Below, you can find all the events in which UNIDO has been involved.
High Level Panel AUDITORIUMS :
“Feed the change: Boosting resilience, food and nutrition security through innovative partnerships”
· Speakers : Céline Charveriat ( Director of Advocacy and Campaigns, Oxfam International); David Croft (Director of Quality and Technical, Waitrose); Catherine Garreta (Executive Director for Partnerships and External Relations, Agence Française de Développement – AFD); Jean-Pierre Halkin (Head of Unit for Rural Development, Food Security, Nutrition, Directorate-General for Development and Cooperation – EuropeAid); Ernest Ruzindaza (Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Agriculture and Animal Resources, Rwanda); Aggrey Mahanjana (Secretary General, African Farmers’ Association of South Africa); Stephan Tanda (Managing Board Member, Royal DSM).
· Moderator : Conny Czymoch
· Organizers : UNIDO; SNV; AFD; COLEACP; GIZ
· Trailer: http://youtu.be/pRVRpQKsOFU
“Productive work for Youth: Inclusive Solutions for Youth Employment”
· Speakers : Artak Chopuryan (CEO and Co-founder, Instigate Mobile CJSC); Lamine Dhaoui (Director, Business, Investment and Technology, UNIDO); Ralf Dürrwang (Vice President, Corporate Citizenship, Deutsche Post DHL); Salimane Issifou (National Director for Benin, SOS Children’s Villages International); Thiago Millnitz (Brazilian Ambassador and Global Affairs Manager, Brazilian Confederation of Junior Enterprises – Brasil Júnior); Lloyd Russell-Moyle ( Vice President, European Youth Forum); Victor Soto (Vice President, European Confederation of Junior Enterprises – JADE); Katharina Steinkellner (Head of International Corporate Partnerships, SOS Children’s Villages International)
· Moderator : Dr Salah Boumaiza (Vice President, Jendouba University, Tunisia).
· Organizers : UNIDO, SOS Children’s Villages International, JADE, European Youth Forum.
· Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwf79XGgGdY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUEdVD3q7YIDiWU-VkEhfOuA
“Aid for Trade, Trade for Aid: What’s the New Deal? Leveraging private sector&trade for inclusive&sustainable development”
· Speakers : Jørgen Ole Haslestad (President and Chief Executive Officer, YARA International); Jason Clay (Senior Vice President, Market Transformation, World Wide Fund for Nature); Pascal Lamy ( Former Director General of the World Trade Organisation); Apollo Owuor (Director for Agriculture and Corporate Affairs, Europe-Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Liaison Committee); Klaus Rudischhauser (Deputy Director General, Directorate-General for Development & Cooperation – EuropeAid); Philippe Loop (Head of Unit – Private Sector development, Trade, Regional Integratio, Directorate-General for Development & Cooperation – EuropeAid); Akin Sawyerr
· Moderator : Vera Kwakofi (Journalist, BBC Africa)
· Organizers : UNIDO, IFC, COLEACP, Pratictionner’s Network for European Development Cooperation.
· Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftPxyQiM6o
“Moving towards Green Industry: Mobilizing the private sector for environmental sustainability”
· Speakers : Brigitte Dero (General Manager, European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers); Richard Northcote (Member of the Executive Committee & Head of Communications, Public Affairs and Sustainability, Bayer MaterialScience); Carina Vopel
(Head of Unit, Resource Efficiency and Economic Analysis, Directorate-General for the Environment, European Commission); Christophe Yvetot (Head of Brussels Office, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation – UNIDO)
· Organizers : UNIDO
· Moderator : Paul Hohnen (Founder, Sustainability Strategies – Moderator);
· Introuduction to the GIP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGx2NgEixsI
“Small Framers Big Business: From a controversial debate to concrete solutions”
· Speakers : Jean-Pierre Halkin (Head of Unit for Rural Development, Food Security, Nutrition, Directorate-General for Development and Cooperation – EuropeAid); Sithembile Maunze (Project Leader, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation); Leonard Mizzi (Head of Unit, Directorate-General for Agriculture & Rural Development, European Commission); Francis K. Muthami (Programme Manager, Promotion of Private Sector Development in Agriculture, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – GIZ); Marc Nolting (Representative of the Small Farmers, Big Business Platform, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – GIZ); Apollo Owuor (Director for Agriculture and Corporate Affairs, Europe-Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Liaison Committee).
· Moderator : Vera Kwakofi (Journalist, BBC Africa)
· Organizers : UNIDO, SNV, COLEACP, GIZ
· Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INsHDfwn8_
“New solutions to energy access : Turning grandmothers into solar engineers”.
· Speakers : Jean-Philippe Denruyter (Manager, Global Renewable Energy Policy, World Wide Fund for Nature); Georgios Grapsas (EU Commission, DG DEVCO, Unit 5- Energy); Voahirana Randriambola
(Footprint Programme Coordinator, WWF Madagascar and West Indian Ocean Programme Office); Alexandra Reis (Communication Manager, Alliance for Rural Electrification); Christophe Yvetot (Head of Brussels Office, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation – UNIDO
· Moderator : Jorge Valero (Journalist)
· Organizers : WWF
Tags: EDDs 2013, UNIDO’s participation.
– See more at: http://capacity4dev.ec.europa.eu/unido/blog/european-development-days-2013-unidos-participation#sthash.VJmswK0E.dpuf