UN Women are pleased to invite you to the screening of the Academy Award Winning Short Documentary “Saving Face” on 27 June 2012 in the Pollack room of the Residence Palace. This event is jointly organized by UN Women and L’Oréal Foundation.
The Pakistani film portrays the story of two women attacked by acid and their pursuit for justice and physical rehabilitation.
A panel discussion and cocktail will follow the film. The panel will be composed of:
- Representative from the EU (tbc)
- Dr. Eleni Theocharous, Member of the European Parliament
- Dr. François Foussadier, Surgeon, Member of Doctors of the World and Founder of “Opération Sourire”
- Ms. Sara Ravella, Director General of the L’Oréal Foundation
- Ms. Dagmar Schumacher, Director of the UN Women Brussels Office
Register by 21 June at [email protected].