EuropeAid • World AIDS Orphans Day 7 May
Your voice their future: Case studies from Burkina Faso and Congo
Lunch-Time Conference. External Cooperation Infopoint, Thursday 5th May 2011, 12.30-14.00
This session will highlight the situation for the growing number of children orphaned by AIDS, now reaching 16.6 million children.
The conference will provide:
- an update of the global situation & response to AIDS orphans and other vulnerable children
- two case studies will present the social and psychological impact in Burkina Faso & the economic impact in Congo.
- Introduction by A.Jensen, Human development, social cohesion and employment Unit , EuropeAid Development and Cooperation DG, EC
- L.Mukazi, Representative of AIDS orphans, Echos séropos d’Ici et d’Ailleurs
- H.Mikkelsen, UNAIDS Representative to the European Union
- SA.Dumont, Association Espoir pour Demain,
- P.Kompany, President of Vie pour tous
- D.Kanyeba, Founder & Coordintor of Libiki, self support organization for people affected by AIDS
NB : some of the speakers will express themselves in French during this conference