On the occasion of United Nations Day which commemorates the foundation of the organisation in 1945
the Mayor of the City of Brussels, Mr Freddy Thielemans,
the President of the Vereniging voor de Verenigde Naties, Professor Frank Maes, and
the President of l’Association pour les Nations Unies, Honorary Ambassador Michel Adam
are honoured to invite you to an informative and reflective gathering on the subject:
“Belgium, Europe and the responsibility to protect”
on 23 October 2010 at 2:30 pm, the Gothic Hall in the City Hall of Brussels.
In addition to the persons mentioned above, the following public figures will take the floor:
– Mr Benoit Ryelandt, Deputy to the President of the Board, FPS Foreign Affairs, External Trade and Development Cooperation.
– Mr Antonio Vigilante, Resident Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Belgium
– Video message by the Secretary-General of the UN, Mr Ban Ki-moon,
– “Poussières d’étoiles” choir conducted by Roselyne Marlier – Academy of Arts of the City of Brussels
– “Variations on a Theme by Mozart” by guitarist Janos Agocsi
The meeting will be followed by a reception hosted by the College of Mayor and Aldermen of the City of Brussels.
You are also cordially invited to visit the United Nations information village which will be accessible from mid-morning onwards at the Grand-Place in Brussels. The village is intended to illustrate various aspects of United Nations activities in everyday life.
Please bring this invitation with you. It is valid for two persons.
Entrance via the Lions’ Staircase